Who We Are
“Movers & Shakers” is all about our wonderful Portuguese Water Dogs. We’re a regional Portuguese Water Dog club serving primarily North and South Carolina, but with membership extending throughout the southeast, as well as nationwide. We are affiliated with and sanctioned by the national club, the Portuguese Water Dog Club of America (PWDCA).
We are an active group with members of all ages. Our year ’round activities include just-for-fun beach weekends, an annual supported conformation entry, the southeast’s renowned water trial weekend, Southern Splash, and much more.
The goals of our group include:
- Doing all in our power to protect and advance the interests of the breed;
- Providing a support network for Portuguese Water Dog owners;
- Offering educational and recreational programs for our dogs, and of course, their owners.
We always encourage new owners, prospective members, and even those with just a keen interest in our breed to attend a Movers and Shakers event. You’ll meet some great dogs and their people, share and gain knowledge of the breed and have memorable time with an outstanding group of participants. Our interests and activities are as varied as the talents of our incredible dogs.
Welcome to our site. Look around and have a good time. If something piques your interest, contact one of our members for more information.
We hope to hear from you soon!
- Water Workshops for 2013 are scheduled. See the details here.
- Movers and Shakers Announces the Launch of The Spirit of the Portuguese Water Dog Photo Contest on March 15 2013! See more here!
- Water Practice for June 29-30 Cancelled – Due to the conflict with the USSPWD Water Trial at Callaway, we have cancelled the water trial practice at Jill’s Pond scheduled for that weekend! See you in Callaway!